Hayes - reasons to be cheerful: The Vinyl Quarter
Be cheerful while you are looking for Accountants in Hayes
Horns in Hayes
Gramophone and Vinyl
Gramophone, written-in-sound; trademark, by German-American inventor Emile Berliner in 1887. From the Greek "gramma" - that which is written and "phone" - sound. Subsequently the name of the Gramophone Company Ltd. To the British employees in Hayes "The Gram".
Work on the Hayes factory started in 1907 with the first commercial recordings 1908; subsequently under the name ‘His Masters Voice’ HMV.
In the 1930's and 1940's the main record manufacturing material became polyvinyl chloride; to everyone, vinyl.
The Gramophone Company Ltd was later part of Electrical and Musical Industries EMI.
Statue of 'Nipper' 1884-1895
'Nipper' the fox terrier - from stray to immortality
Artist Francis Barraud, inherited the dog Nipper and painted a picture, which he titled "His Master's Voice" after noticing the dog's reaction to Francis' recorded voice. The Gramophone Company bought the painting and copyright after asking the artist to change the record playing device, in the painting, from the Marconi cylinder player to the Gramaphone flat record model.
The record store and train to Reading
The record Store building, Pressing Lane
Conversion and renovation of the original building of 1927.
Sign from Dawley Road
The Old Vinyl Factory
The whole area is now renamed The Old Vinyl Factory.
Global Academy, Blythe Road
Study here; Global Academy - for a career in broadcast and online media
Opened by the Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex in 2016, The Global Academy is a University Technical College and is sponsored and promoted by the media and entertainment group Global and by the University of the Arts London. On the opening day Global stations broadcast morning shows from here including the LBC Nick Ferrari Breakfast Show.
Bluenote Apartments - Bellway
Fizzy rentals Pressing Lane
Groove House formally Damont Records
Goldmark House adjacent
Gatefold - commemorating the gatefold design of vinyl album covers
Fizzy rentals, Pressing Lane
Blue Note Bellway
Workspace group - Enterprise House the 1912 built factory; Grade II Listed
The Shipping Building, Factory Lane. Conversion and renovation of the original building of 1928.
Previous EMI Headquarters Building, Trevor Road. Converted into apartments in 2000
Heritage collage by Sergei Sviatchenko. The builings on the right are in Blythe Road, Enterprise House and futher away the previous Gramaphone Company/EMI Headquarters. Employees leaving work in 1930.